The last thing you want to hear is that your home has termites . . . and you never will have to hear those words if you make termite prevention a priority. On top of taking advantage of our termite prevention services, there are several other things you can do to keep termites away:
- Don’t affix wood trellises or other types of wood structures to the exterior walls of your home.
- Keep scrap lumber, mulch, wood debris, firewood, and sawdust away from your home.
- Make sure you trim dense trees thoroughly to keep the branches from growing too close to your home’s foundation.
- Fix leaky faucets and water lines, both indoors and outdoors, as quickly as possible.
- Reduce humidity by ensuring your crawlspace and attic are both ventilated properly.
- Prevent termites from having an easy way to access your home by sealing any and all cracks in your foundation.
In addition to these termite prevention steps, letting our team inspect your home regularly for termites is one of the best things you can do to prevent these pesky critters from invading your home. When we inspect your home, we’ll examine the places termites are most likely to intrude, like your attic, crawlspace, and foundation, and let you know if remediation work needs to take place.
Although termite prevention does take a little bit of effort, it’s well worth it! For more information about keeping termites away from your home and our related service, give us a call today at The Other Side Lawn & Ornamental Pest Control Inc.